Thursday, July 1, 2021

Blue-tooth receiver with audio player and ESS DAC

Just received my new Trasam DAC2PRO earlier this week. 


Trasam DAC2PRO (silver) directly connected to the Sansui B-2101 amplifier


The DAC2PRO provides a blue-tooth upgrade to my existing hifi setup with RC and remote volume control.

In addition, the unit has the ability to playback FLAC, MP3, WAV, M4A encoded audio via a ESS based DAC. The on-board DAC processes input received via a soft selector for COAX, OPT and Blue-tooth😑.

I ordered a unit with audio quality components from the Chinese eBay equivalent - came with black colour Nichicon EC capacitors on the power circuits and a OracleII-02 op-amp on a DIP-8 mount (phew!). Rest of the components are SMD types.

Was quite disappointed there was no MUSES op-amp provided with the unit. Hence I ordered a MUSES-8820 and 8920 as these are quite affordable nowadays as these have been superseded by the newer (and more expensive) MUSES-01 and 02.

Will update with more pix(s) and feedback of the sonics with the Oracle vs the older MUSES op-amps once I have the opportunity to perform the review.

In the meantime, I will have a play with my new toy 1st....😀

1 comment:

  1. The MUSES are definately much better balancced than the Oracle op-amp which tend to be more HF and leaves my ears ringing after more than 30min of listening.

    ReplyDelete